One of the most popular beach destination in the world, Maldives is a wonderful tropical island that has white sandy beaches, turquoise blue water and colorful coral reefs.
12 Interesting Facts about Maldives :
- It is world’s Smallest Muslim Country.
- Tourists are granted a 30-day visit Visa on Arrival.
- Alcohol is available in Resorts and Hotels only (Otherwise Alcohol is prohibited everywhere).
- They accepts US Dollars (USD) as well as Maldivian Rufiyaa (MVR).
- It is also known as Country of Cowry Shells.
- World’s First Underwater Cabinet Meeting was held in Maldives.
- Friday and Saturday mean Weekend unlike any other nation.
- It is the Lowest and Flattest Nation in the world.
- Literacy in Maldivian Adults is 98 Percent.
- This island was formed by an Exiled Indian Prince.
- This Island Comprises of more than 1192 Coral Islands in its 26 Prime Atolls.
- One of the Safest Holiday Destinations in the world.